Saturday, September 18, 2004

Cooking with Me

And to show that I not only do senseless stuff, but also interesting things (in my opinion): I cooked today. The recipe is Madhur Jaffrey's, with a few alterations made out of laziness, weirdness, or other reasons beyond the scope of this Universe.

This should serve about 3 people. Okay, so you buy two broccoli-things (or whatever they're called, work with me here, I'm from Holland and trying to be bilingual), some garlic, and (Chinese) ginger. Also some of those cute little mini baby potatoes, or whatever you like with your food, and (very important) sesame oil. This is key to the whole meal. You can also just serve a plate with only sesame oil, but I don't think that's healthy. Sesame oil is available at those stores where they sell exotic food stuff you never heard of (and perhaps don't want to hear of). Get that? Okay.

Wash the broccoli, cut it into convenient bits, peel three parts of garlic (sometimes called toes, yuck), and squash them with a knife, or anvil if that's handier. Take three ginger balls (or whatever they came in, or more if you just love ginger). Now, make some bouillon - you're going to cook the broccoli in that later. Once that's done, you can put some oil (I use olive oil, but just about anything works, I guess) in a wok. Put the garlic and the ginger in, and then the broccoli. Fry until it's lovely green (shouldn't take too long), then put the bouillon in. Add about two spoons of sesame oil, put a lid on the wok, and just let nature do the rest. Then fry the potatoes, and when you think it's good to eat, you're done.

Now, maybe that sounds hard, but if I can do it, you can too. Next recipe will be one of my own, but I don't know when I'll post that (meaning I don't know how many posts until that).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home