Monday, June 27, 2005

Cooking with Me, episode whatever

Once more, with feeling

Spaghetti like you never had it
- spaghetti
- whisky cocktail sauce
- "Valess"

I like cooking with feeling. Not with amounts of stuff. Just feel when it's ready, taste it to see if it's good. For this recipe, just cook the spaghetti, and stir-fry the Valess. But what is Valess? It's a meat replacer. For now, it's only available in the Netherlands, but I hope my international friends will get it soon. You'll need the roerbakblokjes (yes, that's Dutch) for this meal. Just throw everything together and pour over the sauce. It's good.


Now, for my non-culinary friends. I recently saw Episode III. A pirated copy, because I didn't want to pay to see another bad film. Of course, I will buy the DVD when it comes out. Anyway, I quite liked this one, as opposed to the first II Star Wars films. This one actually has quite a story going. Or rather, quite a lot of action. Not an awful lot of story. The dialogue was better than I had expected, the acting wasn't as bad as in the first two clickies... er... movies. It's a nice transition from the recent trilogy to the old trilogy. And there's a good moment in the movie. One of those moments where the fate of the universe hangs in the balance, where one character has only to do this or that, even seems to do what is good, but then turns bad after all. It's inevitable, but you hope they will do the right thing anyway. It's in human nature to think like this. Anyway, I'm talking about the end of the Mace Windu/Palpatine duel.

Go see it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home